*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861968-TELEPATHY
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#861968 added October 6, 2015 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
TELEPATHY
         "I see you're a little impatient." Was I fidgeting? I really was trying not to peek at my watch and sigh. Wait a minute, who said that? I was stranded in a very long line, somewhere in the middle.
         Glancing around, I took note of the gleaming airport or should I say space dock. I was impressed; everything seemed clean and organized. "Yeah, we're proud of our industriousness."
         Whoa, it was that voice again, but I sensed I wasn't hearing it. "Very good, you listen to your instincts." Startled, I studied the official figures in the distance. It took me a moment, but I realized that not one of them was actually speaking. Their mouths remained closed, yet passengers seemed to understand them.
         "Ah, you are starting to notice. We do not physically speak. We communicate telepathically. It is so much more efficient this way; no misconstrued words, no subtle confusing nuances."
         This concept was blowing my mind! Finally, I could truly speak my mind; no more wasted time trying to convince someone I was sincere. No more need to face time or use a cell phone.
         "Yes, yes, you are imagining the possibilities. True, we are open-minded."
         As I relaxed, I slowly comprehended that there was no distracting buzz of conversation. There was only a serene silence. "It is pretty amazing, is it not? Oh look, we are about to meet."
         Stepping up to the counter, I gazed into the largest, most luminous, unblinking, amber eye I'd ever seen. In that intense stare I recognized a friend. Wordlessly, spontaneously, we exchanged greetings. Neither one of us was an alien.

© Copyright 2015 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/861968-TELEPATHY