*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858983-Child-Adolescent-or-Adult
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#858983 added September 2, 2015 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Child, Adolescent, or Adult
Prompt: “If you could live forever, would you want to be a child, adolescent or an adult? I want to know,” says Megan.

----------

Definitely an adult because my personal freedoms are important to me.

A child, even a pampered one, has only a few rights and, as in the case of most children, whatever rights children have, those rights are always in danger of being trampled upon.

An adolescent is not much better either, and possibly worse, as the person feels in-between the adult world and childhood. On top of that, adolescents have to deal with the changes in their bodies and the effects of those changes. In addition, most adults are not sympathetic for and considerate of an adolescent’s hardships.

An adult, on the other hand, doesn’t depend any single person or a group for his or her wellbeing. Even for emotional support, the adult has the right and the capacity to change his or her surroundings and the people he or she deals with. An adult has more responsibilities, true, but if he or she has really grasped the meaning and the value of adulthood, he or she knows that a lot more freedoms come with adulthood than they do to an adolescent or a child.

Come to think of it, no one likes to see a person in an adult body acting like a child or an adolescent. Even if the body stayed forever a child or an adolescent, I would still like to be an adult in an adult body.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858983-Child-Adolescent-or-Adult