*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854256-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#854256 added July 13, 2015 at 4:19pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Survived the weekend, again. Saying this used to be based on fun activities, and perhaps even a bit of indulging in the spirits; that was a long time ago. Now, it's work on the weekends, and since they tend to be busiest, the most trying, and the longest shifts, the saying still fits. Yesterday was especially rough, since it was so hot and humid. Luckily, I had a shorter shift yesterday, and worked late afternoon until evening. Also, there was a nice breeze, and for an hour or so, some clouds to give a person a break from the sun. But, by six last night I moved myself out of the guardhouse and sat in the shade it provided. It was 102 inside the thing, and the sun was not only glaring in through the west sliding door, it was also reflecting it's scorching heat off the blacktop on that side.

Today, well I had the day off. Even though it's a day off, I had a bit of work I needed to get done, an employee evaluation. I figured it wouldn't take long, and I had other plans, so I got up with Rhonda and drove her to work. The idea was to drop her off, then do a quick bit of shopping, just a few items, then return home and get the evaluation done. I was thinking I should be finished by early afternoon, and was harboring thoughts of going out to mow the grass, or at least get a good start on it. Then, when the heat of the afternoon really hit, I could come in and spend some time here.

But, stopping by at work never ends up being a couple minutes. The morning guard pointed out a few things on the schedule that he thought should be changed. His reason being he will be in charge of things next week when I try and get a vacation in. He had some good points, so I heard him out, edited a copy of the schedule with the changes he and I worked out, and then went and did my shopping. this had me back home about noon, two hours later than I had intended. I knew I would have more paperwork to do now, so I scratched off the idea of mowing and worked on the schedule, getting rid of a few wrinkles in it, and then started on the evaluation.

Now, it's quarter past three in the afternoon, and I just made it in here. Not quite a day off after all, and I still have to fax copies, print and post copies, and update everyone to the changes in the schedule. Looks like mowing will have to wait till morning, since I also have to go in and pick Rhonda up, and take her shopping for some groceries she wants to pick up before her two days off.

I know, not the proper way to spend a day off, but on the flip side of this coin, I have my work done until the end of the week now, so I can relxe and enjoy the next two days off with my wonderful wife.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/854256-Monday