*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847006-Who-Wears-The-Pants--Names
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#847006 added April 15, 2015 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
Who Wears The Pants & Names
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixty - Nine


2. Who wears the pants in your relationship? If you're not in a relationship, perhaps comment on relationships you've observed - do the men or women in your family tend to be more dominant in the decision making process?

I defer to my husband. Part of me hates that fact, but part of me likes that I don't have to have the weight of our world heavily on my shoulders. My husband does include me in decisions but the final one is his... I don't trust myself... particularly if I let emotion take over.

I keep work and home life separate. At work, I am in charge. I am responsible for the students and the program I am putting into place. That is my realm.

At home, I defer because it keeps my husband happy. I find I 'let go' of my need to be in charge so that I don't stress over the way it is being done. Since he is from a more traditional family and he has a head for business, cars and computer matters I let him use his strengths. I do realize I need to take more interest in this realm as I need to be aware of where we are if anything should ever happen.

5. Names. Talk about the names we use. Handles, nicknames, etc. How did you choose your username? What makes you use a particular handle? Do you like your nicknames? Do you think it is easy to identify with multiple names, or do you prefer the consistency of one name and that's it?

I was first called Carly by a girl I worked with at Tim Hortons when I was in grade 12. I liked that spunkiness of the name and did not tell her not to use it. If people call me Carol I cringe. It is Carolyn. Not Caroline. Not Carolanne. Those names are like nails on a chalkboard to me. Carolyn I have learned to like... because of the 'lyn' part, but my preference is for Carly.

In high school some of my friends called me Bob or Bobbi - it is my middle name and I like it... but the connotations for a girl named Bobbi don't sit overly well - I think bubble head and I am already a blond.

At this point I use my real name - Carolyn - for face to face interactions and work. I use Carly for writing and fitness - anywhere I want to improve myself.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847006-Who-Wears-The-Pants--Names