*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846924-Time-to-heal
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#846924 added April 15, 2015 at 2:45am
Restrictions: None
Time to heal
Time is a strange commodity. I was talking to my sister Lori for the first time in a long time. It was at least around Christmastime before I talked with her last. The theme for my family has been grief and what to do with it. I was convinced by a friend that it is better to have loved and experienced grief rather than regret the love never happened. I felt challenged to talk to my sister and the conversation lasted close to an hour and would have lasted longer if it was not for me needing to go to work. That was on a Sunday. Lori had talked about her frustration in contacting our youngest sister Melisa. I am the oldest of eight siblings. I challenged Lori to wait. There was no sense in getting worked up about someone who was not ready for a connection. We then got into a conversation about how all of us siblings had become tribes and it was never going to be eight kids in one room getting along. It was too much to ask.

Melisa called Lori yesterday. The only reason I know that is because Melisa called me today. We had not talked since around Christmas and much of that conversation revolved around increased tensions at her home. Melisa even said to me she got tired of waiting and got the urge to call, kind of strange huh! Melisa called me while I was on a special assignment with Sprint. One of their buildings burned down. I was given orders to stay awake and it WAS okay to use my phone. Melisa called in this window of opportunity. We talked for two hours which was interrupted by my work people wondering if I was ok.

Time is a healer. There is a lot of mystery in letting the thought come to life. It is kind of like birth. Wait long enough and new life will happen.
*StarStruck*

© Copyright 2015 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846924-Time-to-heal