*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846304-Over-Thinking--Blazing-Stories
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#846304 added April 8, 2015 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
Over-Thinking & Blazing Stories
Today's blogs....

I have been neglectful... and I had to write these twice as I lost them due to computer issues.

Blog City โ€“ Day 398


Prompt: Over-thinking means obsessing about or over-analyzing regular experiences and interactions, and reading into them things that arenโ€™t actually there. Are you an over-thinker? How do you think one can overcome over-thinking?

I am, particularly when I am emotionally thrown off kilter and trying to make sense of my life. Having worked in special education I have learned that all behaviour is communication. Analyzing a student's behaviour and determining what they are trying to convey is part of who I am... so when I encounter an 'anomaly' in my personal life I seek to make sense of it.

But the personal factor imposes a kind of over obsessing that does not happen in a classroom - where I have learned not to take things personally. I become overly sensitive to tone and body language. I read things into what I see that may not even be the case.
I know confronting the issue is the answer but I sit back and over analyze in the hopes that things will work out without the inevitable conversation, but eventually I have to face my fears and talk. Oh, how I hate those talks.

Blog City โ€“ Day 399


โ€œThe blazing fire makes flames and brightness out of everything thrown into it.โ€ Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
What do you think about this quote? Do you keep a blazing fire when it comes to your writing?


Yesterday I wrote a brilliant response to this prompt and because the online program I was using decided to continue to let me write but not save - thanks to the internet slipping off - I lost it. I did manage to rewrite the end of a short story I had also written but it is not as good as the original. Anyway....

I like this quote. To make your writing interesting you must add the fuel that will make it continue to burn. The better the fuel, the better the flames and brightness. Having a good story and adding in all the elements to heighten the experience will make the story blaze, not simmer or burn out. Characters you can identify with; conflict to heat up the story and add dimension and suspense. Those are the elements that add the fuel and ramp up the burn as the story reaches its conclusion.


© Copyright 2015 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846304-Over-Thinking--Blazing-Stories