*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842823-This-Universe-of-Love
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#842823 added February 28, 2015 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
This Universe of Love
Prompt: What do you understand about this universe of ours that few others realize?

---------------------

Jimmy Kramer of CNBC screams, “They know nothing; they know nothing!” He may be yelling for investments and such, but I think he’s really ticked about all the theories of what this universe is. Oh, all those theories! The Universe is a hologram; The Universe is endless; The Universe is expanding; Other Universes exist and can be accessed through this Universe’s wormholes; The Universe does not work on linear time, but on a grid; The Big Freeze will be the end of this universe; The Universe will never die; The Universe folds on to itself.

Then there is Plato who said everything was created from one single element. There are also the scriptures of different beliefs, into which I am not going. Although we have the photos from NASA’s probes that show only the minutest part of the universe, it may as well be that each one of us carry a universe or maybe that one universe inside us.

Whether I believe the scientific data behind this poem by Rumi or not, what he says feels so close to my heart:
“Do you know what you are?
You are a manuscript oƒ a divine letter.
You are a mirror reflecting a noble face.
This universe is not outside of you.
Look inside yourself;
everything that you want,
you are already that.”

And in another line in a different poem, he says, “The body came into being from us, not we from it.”

I find Emerson to be similar to Rumi, as they both wrote on the “Oneness” and the Essence of everything having to do with love. While Emerson said, “Give all to Love; obey they heart,” and "It is not the length of life, but the depth,” Rumi said, “Love is the One who masters all things; // I am mastered totally by Love.// By my passion of love for Love...”

I’d like to believe that, no matter how vast or endless the universe may be, Plato’s single element could be love, which created the universe and made it whatever it is today, and that feeling is echoed in the words of Emerson and Rumi.


© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842823-This-Universe-of-Love