*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842759-Hair-Cuts-Sucess-and-Failure--Dont-Want-To-Miss-A-Thing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#842759 added February 27, 2015 at 7:51pm
Restrictions: None
Hair Cuts, Sucess and Failure & Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 360


Let's have a bit of flash fiction...short story of no more than 50 words.
Our topic is a hair cut or style gone awry. Did the stylist give you the wrong dye, or was talking on the phone and took a hunk out of your hair. Maybe the razor slipped and you now have a huge bald spot. Let's see what you can come up with.


Have you ever had the opportunity to cut an autistic child's hair? I have not, but I have seen the after effects with one young man. And it did not look good.

We came to school Monday morning and got him off the bus. He shuffled along the hallway bundled in his coat and all his winter gear. As was his routine, he would not undo the coat or take his outdoor stuff off until he was standing in front of his locker. When he pulled his hat off his head we were speechless. His head was so unevenly shaven that he could have passed for a cancer patient with his hair in transition - either to grow in or fall out.

The other EA and I exchanged a look and shook our heads. There was no way to hide the brutal hair cut. The boy would not wear a hat in class.

The other EA we had had some success with getting him shaved. The EA in charge was calm and let the boy help do some of the job. It helped alleviate some of his anxiety and got him into a routine that he accepted,. His family was not so patient. I think they just wanted to get it done and do it fast without looking for ways to make the experience less anxiety provoking for him. The result looked awful. Luckily it grew in eventually.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 27


No prompt for me today but I have to say something....

As an ant.... I can't reach the keyboard! It took me hours to write these few sentences!

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Sixty – Two


7. Share one success and one failure from your week.

I have been dealing with very dry eyes this week - yesterday and. Today particularly. It makes it hard to keep my eyes open. I worked today but only took a half day. I have had several calls over the last two days but I have only taken the half day today. I am so glad because I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open. It is more comfortable to leave them closed.- but then I get little done.
I got eliminated from the 30 day Blogging Challenge - but that is okay.

For a success... I could say I got my Romantica assignment done but that was on Sunday. Since Monday I have not felt that successful.
I have completed a full month of the Soundtrack of my Life - well I still have today and tomorrow but today is written already and I already have my song picked for tomorrow. With this entry, I will have completed another five prompts for Welcome to my reality.

Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack of my Life - Day 27


Love Songs – Theme for music blog.
** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **


Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith



This love song is from the movie Amageddon - with Ben Affleck, Live Tyler and Bruce Willis. It is a good movie even with Ben Affleck in it. Sure he is good looking and I used to like him until he did Argo - but being Canadian, I have issues with that movie and that has tainted my interest in him as a person and actor. (But that's another story...)

This movie is about saving the world, and sacrificing yourself for love. Gotta love that.

I am also a fan of Aerosmith and Steven Tyler. That iconic voice gets to me.


© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842759-Hair-Cuts-Sucess-and-Failure--Dont-Want-To-Miss-A-Thing