*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842329-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#842329 added February 23, 2015 at 3:26pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
I'm find it difficult to adjust today, having to keep an eye on the clock so I get to work on time. I've gotten used to having Monday's off, even though I usually have to run in and take care of one problem or another. In fact, that's why I gave up my hours on Monday. The idea was to get all my off the clock and off site work done on Mondays, as well as having the afternoon free to do some things with my brother. Of course, I can also stop by and do activities with him any other day after work too.

I got up with Rhonda this morning, or at least shortly after she did. We try and get up at five on the mornings I don't have to open, but it's been difficult to achieve that. Here the idea was to get up at five, a nice two hour break from my normal three a.m. alarm. That way we can get more done in the day, and get to bed close to the same time every night. Only it seems like since we began this schedule, things have come up to prevent getting to bed on time.

Some of it was us just not being used to getting to bed that early every night. But, we soon adjusted and now we can do our early bedtime pretty well. One exception is Sundays. Rhonda opens and I close. We get up at five, she gets ready and goes in, then I come into work that afternoon so she can come home. I work until eight-thirty, then drive home. This puts me in the house a little after nine at night, and just past our normal bed-time. Only I am not ready to just shed my clothing and jump into bed, I need to sit and relax for a bit. We end up going to bed around ten or shortly after.

Other things tend to come up, and we find it late on other nights, too. Not often, but enough to keep us from getting deep into this routine. Even so, we keep at it, and in time we will have a routine. This week will be rough, though. I work tonight again, and won't get home until after ten. That's going to mess us up a lot for tomorrow. Then Wednesday, Rhonda works closing and won't get home until after ten, but I have to get up at three. It's going to be interesting, to say the least.

Now, dinners ready, and then I have to get ready.


© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842329-Monday