*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841147-Phrases-Perfectionism-Prompts--PPP-Amazed
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#841147 added February 11, 2015 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Phrases, Perfectionism, Prompts & PPP... Amazed
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Reality – Week Sixty


5. List your favourite words/phrases that you find yourself often saying or using in your writing.

Phrases of my life:
"That's scary." was often said in response to something that someone, usually my friend Michelle, said to be that sounds new or oddly different.. I said it so much she started calling me Scarolyn. My mother picked up on it as well after she asked why Michelle put a 5 in front of my name and I told her it was an 'S'. I still get called it to this day... even my husband has been known to do it.

In university I used to say "What a concept." to anything new. Being in university, everything was new so I said it a lot.

These days... I don't know what I say, or write a lot.

6. Have you ever been told you "think too much" or are "too much of a perfectionist?"

When I was a child, I was very much a perfectionist. I remember having fits if I could not solve a math problem or some other homework issue. My mother would tell me to leave it and that would only infuriate me more as I wanted it done and done correctly.

I have learned to let the stress that bought.into my life go and I will set things aside and let a little breathing room help me work things out on a more subconscious level.

Writing has helped me know that the first draft is only that... a draft. Nano has helped me get passed myself and just write... not to worry about the bumps along the way. That comes later after the initial heat of the story is gotten down on the page.

Freewrites have done much the same thing. Writing has let me be more introspective and it has helped me work out issues.

I probably think too much. I remember my mother saying she never had to worry about me getting into trouble because I would think of the consequences and avoid them. I had a good head on my shoulders. I often found myself being the rational, logical one when it was just my mother and I. I think I have become more child like as I have gotten older.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 11


Talk about the different types of prompts. Tell us how the prompt helps or hinders your blog entry writing. Which types of prompts are your favorite or least favorite to write on?
Blog group leaders can write on this from the 'prompt writer's point of view on prompts.


Prompts are funny things. I can read them and think immediately what I am going to write about or I can sit there and wonder what language it was written in as it does not make sense or tweak anything for me. It often depends on my mood. Other times, I will do a little looking into the topic and get pulled into the idea. Some times I check my blogging friends to see what they have made of the prompt.... sometimes that helps.

Today's Blog City prompt is not working for me right now. I could come back later and something may click but... I don't know. Later... still nothing. Not even a poem, though Lyn's a Witchy Woman came up with a great one.

Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack of my Life - Day 11


Love Songs – Theme for music blog.
** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **


Amazed - Lonestar


I heard this Lonestar song while we were planning our wedding. I would have loved to choose it as our song but my husband was in on the planning. He was not a fan of it so we decided on Jan Arden’s ‘I Would Die For You’ instead… and I love that song as well, but this one spoke to me and I am a huge fan of the words. So it remains one of my top love songs. I thank 🌑 Darleen - QoD for reminding me.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841147-Phrases-Perfectionism-Prompts--PPP-Amazed