*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841059-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#841059 added February 10, 2015 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
I didn't get in here very early today, but I still made it. I had the day off and was planning on spending a bit of time in here this afternoon, but it was a busy day and I just didn't get the chance. I also didn't get the weight bench moved, and I didn't get to the work site to do a corrective action on one person and an evaluation on the other. Luckily I still have tomorrow off, and can get these done then.

It was a pretty good day, and pretty nice outside for the most part. The wind has come up, and it's howling outside the windows while the temperature has dropped down about ten degrees so far. It's twenty-four right now, and still dropping. I haven't looked at the forecast, so I'm not sure how cold it will get tonight. It should at least freeze things back up for a while. It's been warm enough to thaw, and with snow melting, we have water and ice everywhere.

I'll have to put some sand down around the driveway and on the sidewalks tomorrow, I'm sure it's going to be like a skating rink out there. It was pretty slick today, with water over the ice. But, Rhonda had put some sand down and that helped a lot. Now, the sand is under the water. With it getting colder, the water will freeze and we will have a nice inch or so of slick, smooth, ice over the sand. With another coat, however, it should be pretty good, and as it melts, we should have a nice build up of sand to last until it's all melted.

I hope it's gone soon, even though it's very early to think that way. We had an early onslaught of cold in November, and it's making it seem like a long winter. In addition, we have not had much of a spring in a few years, and it would be just terrific if we could get both a nice and an early spring this year.

Yesterday we had a bunch of blackbirds feeding in the yard, a nice sign that they are migrating back into the area. they typically come right before spring fully arrives, so it's kind of a positive sign that spring is just around the corner. Of course, we can still get some bitter cold as well as some big snow storms.

I'm going to stay positive on this, even with the likelihood of some bad snow storms and blizzards, and keep hoping for an early spring. I'm also going to finish this, get some ice cream and cookies, then relax in front of the television for a while.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/841059-Tuesday