*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840903-Games-Youre-My-Inspiration--Emotional-Excess
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#840903 added February 9, 2015 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Games, You're My Inspiration, & Emotional Excess
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 9


GAMES - Video Games, Board Games, Parlour Games, What's your pleasure?

I do pretty well with trivia games. I also enjoy word games. I play Words With Friends on Facebook as well as a few trivia games there as well. Every so often I get sucked into the Faacebook CSI games which have you looking for clues but they are pretty mundane. I try to resist the Facebook games more often than not as they drain hours of time and leave you with nothing to show for it.

I enjoy testing myself on trivia games that I can watch on TV - Cash Cab, Jeopardy, Pop Quiz. I also enjoy Celebrity Name Game and Family Feud. My husband is amazed at all the stupid stuff I have packed in my brain. The more contemporary questions are challenging for me as I don't follow the current entertainment news like I used to as a teen.

Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack of my Life - Day 9


Love Songs – Theme for music blog.
** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **

You’re The Inspiration – Chicago



I loved this album as a teenager, still do. It was probably one of the first I bought with my own money and like my others, I played it a lot. I had every word memorized and every musical twist and turn. I could start humming the next song before it started, I knew the album so well.

I believe I was beginning to date my first serious boyfriend when this song hit the airwaves and I kind of made it 'our song' without ever really voicing that to my guy. (I also linked up 'Crazy For You', by Madonna as well.) New love and all, that seemed a little hokey, but sweet.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 342


Prompt: Anais Nin said: “Something is always born of excess: great art was born of great terrors, great loneliness, great inhibitions, instabilities, and it always balances them.”
Do you think emotional excess is necessary for creativity and writing?


Hmmmm.... interesting. In some ways there is a part of me that would agree but does it have to be to excess? I think emotionally charged is a better way to phrase it. Anything to excess can be destructive without an outlet. Creativity can be that outlet, but living a life of drama just for the sake of your art is the same as saying all writers are alcoholics. They are not.

Writers may be born out of lives with emotional baggage, but living a life and being sensitive and observant can bring you close to the pain without drowning you in it. We all come with ‘stuff’ and we use it to our advantage. It does not have to be so excessive to be effective. We just need to know how to use it to make it work for us.

I ran across a quote this morning that spoke to this idea. It is by Joyce Carol Oates from her book The Faith Of A Writer. She writes, “Your struggle with your buried self, or selves, yields art; these emotions are the fuel that drives your writing and makes possible hours, days, weeks, months and years of what will appear to others, at a distance, as “work”.”

Our two biggest emotions can be boiled down to love and fear. It is a universal aspect of life. To be in tune and to write honestly from those emotional pools can take you places.

I saw an interesting video this morning relating to that that I think will inspire you.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152191964486135&pnref=story

“Don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.” Jim Carrey

From Yoda: Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840903-Games-Youre-My-Inspiration--Emotional-Excess