*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839749-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#839749 added January 28, 2015 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Today was another nice day. Sunny and warm, only a light breeze; more like spring than January. We, Rhonda and I, took the dogs for a nice walk this afternoon. I hadn't checked the weather, and we did dress a bit over for the temperature, not knowing how it would be out of town, in the open.

It was a nice walk, but pretty tiring. It's been a long time since I went for a long walk, and it was three miles of hill. Of course, it wasn't a steady incline, but some up and downs along the way. When we stopped, however, we had gained in altitude and were sitting as high as the roof of the old high school. Hyko, our old Golden Retriever, enjoyed the walk, but he started having some trouble on the way back. He has a problem with one front shoulder, and three miles was a bit much for him. Hopefully he can build up for a hike that long, and longer, but with his age, I just don't know.

It was kind of tough for me, as well, but only because I need to drop some excess weight and get in better shape. Rhonda and our other dog, Hannah, did fine. I know I can lose some of this weight and with a little time, be in much better shape. As for Hyko, again, I'm just not sure. But, since he loves coming with, we will have to find the means to provide him an alternative to walking. I mentioned one of those jogging strollers or something similar, that would fold up and pack with us, then if he gets too tired or is having any difficulties, we could cart him back home.

Well, looks like I have to finish this up. The office called and I need to take care of some business tonight. There's been a bit of this all three days I have been off, dealing with insurance coverage through work. First it was just information Rhonda and I had to give, and fax a signed copy that we were declining insurance. Now, another person has to do the same, but isn't answering his phone or returning calls. I know the person and his dad, and he does not want insurance through work, but I still need to get a message to him to sign the paperwork so I can fax it.

So, I called his dad to relay the information. I also checked his clock-in times, and he was one minute later on Monday and seven minutes late today. I just gave him his final warning last week and was very firm in making sure he understood that if there were any infractions, no matter how minor, he was done. Now, one week later, and he was late for work two out of his scheduled three days. Technically, I should have informed the office that this person does not need insurance, they are out of work. But, knowing his dad, I informed him of this dilemma with the son, and that I have no choice left but to terminate him if he messes up again.

I don't know if it will help, but I have given ample opportunity and gone beyond what protocol dictates for procedure. I'm pretty sure I will have to terminate this person, but it won't be for lack of giving him a second, and now third chance.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839749-Wednesday