*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839726-Lavender-Sky
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#839726 added January 28, 2015 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Lavender Sky
Prompt: The sky glows with a strange lavender light. This is no ordinary winter sunset. What happens next?
------------------

Lavender sky in many parts of the northern US happens in winter when the sky has too many dust particles in it, as if a volcano has erupted and left its memories behind.

Where I live, in the south, we get all kinds of splendid sunsets but they don’t linger like they do up north. Half the time, I miss them, because by the time I grab my camera and run out, they’re gone. Where I am, during any season, after the sky turns lavender, the night sets in. Then, I hear the night birds and night crawlers, and it isn’t a good time to be loitering on the lawn or in the nature preserve if I am wearing sandals, and I always wear sandals. It is a given that something or other will take a bite of my toes or crawl upward my leg.

Thus, in their own inimitable fashion, our gorgeous sunsets tell us to go inside and stay there through the night. You never know what lurks in the dark on its hunches waiting to haunt you forever.

Lavender sky,
sinking sun,
languid moon.
Magical whispers
through palm fronds
and depths of your eyes.
Believing
I am where I belong,
my hand blends with yours.
 ~

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839726-Lavender-Sky