*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839272-When-Perfect-Days-End
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#839272 added January 22, 2015 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
When Perfect Days End
Prompt: "Twilight again. Another ending. No matter how perfect the day is, it always has to end." Edward Do you ever wish certain days would never end? Why?

-------------------

It is true that there are days that I have wished would never end, but then, there are other days, I can’t wait for them to end. I think this is because we attach feelings to our experiences. It isn’t the day we wish not to end but the feeling it has evoked in us. During such days and with such feelings we learn to live completely in the moment, as past vanishes and future shows no meaning.

Yet feelings are like days. They can’t last forever, as life itself is impermanent. Everything passes and that is partly the reason we think a certain day or moment is beautiful and glue positive feelings to it. Suppose that good day would last forever. Wouldn’t we get bored?

Then, when good times pass, things may get difficult again, but that is fine. Our joy in living, our bravery, is in moving forward, no matter what, which is also fine. As the wheel of time turns, it forms the pattern of our lives.

Seize the day--Carpe diem is a good thought and a fancy saying, but even if we seize the day, we have to let go of it eventually. Still such times when we have seized the day, the memory of them, we cherish in other foggier times, finding out the not-so-great days, too, have given meaning to our lives. It is like Yin and Yang balancing each other.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839272-When-Perfect-Days-End