*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839207-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#839207 added January 21, 2015 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Well, I was doing pretty well at getting in here and getting things done. Not as much done as I would have liked, but it was a good start. I was sick, so had a little time off from work, and utilized it to get in here and get caught up. Then, it was back to work, which in itself would not have been a problem, but it seems while I was gone, someone had to mess up.

Again, in itself this would not be a big deal, unless it was a major mess-up. But it wasn't. Unfortunately, this person has been written up three times in less than twelve months, and company policy is termination with the third written warning. I had a long talk and decided to give him another chance, and after talking to my boss, put him on thirty days probation. He made the thirty days, and then started in with being a few minutes late, and worked his way up from there.

So, it was brought to my attention that he failed an audit by being out of uniform. Not a real big deal in most cases --- something that would warrant me having a long talk with the person and moving on from there. But, this person has been spoken to numerous times about this and written up for it before. Therefore, I should again be giving him his letter of termination. Instead, I put some time into thinking this out. I decided I would give one final opportunity since he did make it through the thirty days. It also meant putting in a lot of my time while I was off, and I even had to make a trip in to work, off the clock, and on my day off, to serve the papers on him.

The sad part is, I doubt he will make it for one two-week pay cycle, a month at the best before he messes up and I have to terminate him anyway.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839207-Wednesday