*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839182-5-Favourite-Things-I-Like-About-Books-Brains--A-Mishmash
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#839182 added January 21, 2015 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
5 Favourite Things I Like About Books, Brains & A Mishmash
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty – Seven


3. What are the five things that you love most about your favourite book?

These are for any good book:
Good characters I can identify with and cheer on to their victory.
Authentic relationships.
A little love and romance - even if the book is not a full romance.
A villain to despise.
An ending to move me to tears of happiness.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City- Day 323


Prompt: They say we only use 10% of our brain. If you could unlock the other 90%, what would you do with it?

Can you say Lucy. A movie about the same kind of thing. I have not seen it.... but not good things happen.

I would hope all this walking up to another floor and forgetting why I am there would be a thing of the past. No more Alzheimers. Other parts of the brain to re - root around the trauma sites. No more mental illness? Or more?

Oh, this is too much thinking for my 10%.....

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – War Chest Wednesdays:


Select one (or more) of these fine prompts and fit it into your Wednesday's blog entry.
1. Everyone pokes the little boy made of dough and this constant oppression depresses him over time. [from Writing.com prompts]
2. "I knew terrible things." [from Maurice Sendak - Author of: Where the Wild Things Are]
3. What would happen if children ruled the world? [from CanTeach, www.canteach.ca]
4. Write a love story about two fish. [from Writing.com prompts]
5. Write about your body. [from Writing Forward, writingforward.com]


"I know terrible things." the boy whispered from the corner. He moved forward rubbing the large indented side of his otherwise rotund body.

"What kind of things?" I ask whispering back.

He looks about, us as if to make sure we are alone, before saying, "There are boys. Mean boys. They think they run the place. They poke me mercilessly." The little boy begins to cry and when I slip my arm across his shoulder's he jumps before realizing I don't mean to hurt him.

"It's going to be okay." I tell him reassuringly and he shakes his head sadly.

"This is my life..." his tone is mournful.

We walk down the alley heading for the light of the street lamps, but the little dough boy stops frozen at the scuffling of feet and boys voices raised in triumph.

"They are fighting again." the boy whispers as he pulls at my arm to stop me. "It's best to hide. I don't want them to find me..." his voice trails off.

I pull him into the shadows of a doorway and try the latch on the door. It opens and swings wide. I motion for him to come, but he shakes his head looking like this is the end of him. I will not let him be alone. Instead I pull gently on his hand, whispering that it will be okay. Finally he relents and we manage to pass through the door and close it before the boys reach the end of the alley.

Duh Duh Duh!

© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839182-5-Favourite-Things-I-Like-About-Books-Brains--A-Mishmash