*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838789-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#838789 added January 16, 2015 at 4:59pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
I may not be recovering from the flu as quickly as I'd like to, but it's at least given me time to do a bit more in here. As for the flu, I'm not nearly as sick as many are, but still feeling pretty tough. Luckily, I had my immunization again this year, and did not get real sick. I missed one day of work, yesterday, but managed to make it to work this morning. I only worked four hours, and that was more than enough.

After work, it was a bowl of chicken noodle soup and then a nap. I woke to the phone ringing but didn't get to it in time. My wonderful wife had called to see how I was doing. On the way downstairs, our dog, Hyko, slipped and fell. He's getting up there in years and has some problems with the steps from time to time. Today, it wasn't just a stumble, though. He slipped at the top and slid all the way down. Luckily, he didn't try and correct his slip, but just rode it out on his stomach, legs out in front of him. He scared the crap out of me. Thankfully, he did not suffer any injury; he seems to be doing just fine.

Being sick has given me more time to get in here and get some things done, like writing in my journal every day. I also managed to get my email cleaned up, and even wrote to a friend in Facebook. On the flip side, however, I'm getting further behind in other areas as a result of not feeling well enough to do much. Even so, I'm doing pretty good at keeping myself caught up with most of my work, and I'm hopeful that I will be feeling better real soon.

© Copyright 2015 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838789-Friday