*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838691-Everything-a-Long-Story
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#838691 added January 15, 2015 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
Everything a Long Story
Prompt: "Everything with you is a long story." Does this apply to you, people you know or characters in your stories?

--------------------------

To start with, my life is a long story, but that has more to do with the years than my elongating or chewing the fat on the stories of my life.

Then, from day one that I have been in Writing.com, readers of my scribbles have been telling me to turn what I have into novels. I think they have a point, as I love writing a novel or a long story rather than a too short story. I also like twisted and complicated characters in my stories. Without them, I feel the story is missing its beat. When I come up with such characters, it is natural for them to make any story much longer.

Truth is, I like the whole nine yards in anything with all the details and trimmings. When I was a kid, anytime I was scolded, I began with, “Let me explain…” and went on and on. I was famous for that and for coming up with many a complicated mischief involving lots of twists. It’s a miracle that I lived my adult life in relative calm, other than what events outside of me threw at me, which I can make long stories out of them, too.

In the same vein, I love doing research. Most of my working life was spent in doing research, and any research, no matter how long, doesn’t faze me. That, too, is one long story cut short here.

I also like taking the long way in some mundane tasks, like washing dishes by hand instead of using the dishwasher, which doesn’t mean I don’t like taking shortcuts. I love shortcuts, but even my shortcuts or the disastrous results they offer me tend to become long stories. And you don't even want to know my long stories about my intricate dealings with computers and such, especially when Windows decided to take the number eight after its name. Even, as of last night...Well, let's not disturb that coiled snake now.

So yeah, "Everything with you is a long story" certainly does apply to me.



© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838691-Everything-a-Long-Story