*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838565-The-Effect-of-Fiction-TV-and-Movies-on-the-Human-Mind
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#838565 added January 13, 2015 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
The Effect of Fiction, TV, and Movies on the Human Mind
Prompt: Can some fiction, TV shows, and movies make us question the reality and life, by expanding our thinking?

------------------------

I think what we read and watch have definitely a imagination-expanding aspect to them. Through their wealth of sentiment, fiction, movies, and TV shows amaze and excite us, and make us come in touch with our humanity.

Even some of them deal with questions we are too afraid to think about. They point us toward some new and some hidden ideas, awakening our consciousness. They make us view life and existence more differently than what we were brought up and expected to believe in, by letting us wander through the experiences and moments of their protagonists.

Having been influenced by their stories, we ask ourselves questions such as: What is a dream? What is reality? Is life a continuous flow or is it choppy? Does the energy inside us live forever and incarnate several times? Do the political and historical events keep repeating in some way throughout human history? Do the animals and plants have lives similar to ours? Will intergalactic traveling be possible some day?

While altering our understanding of our lives, these works also show us the intricacies of the human mind and just how everything is relative to each other. Then, sometimes, we come face to face with other questions we (at least I) didn’t think of on our own. Are there aliens from other planets, galaxies, and such places among us? Is there a Void as a place or perception?

It could be that we owe our expanding minds to a certain flamboyance and deep-seated aestheticism in the writers, directors, and producers, but it is certain that we enjoy what we read and become swallowed up by the certain effects of the moving pictures.

© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838565-The-Effect-of-Fiction-TV-and-Movies-on-the-Human-Mind