*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838289-Reasons-for-Blogging
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#838289 added January 9, 2015 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Reasons for Blogging
Prompt: Do you plan to use blogging as part of your career reinvention strategy?

===========

I never saw my blog as part of a career, reinvented or not; however, I am aware that many careers do start with blogging, such as those in the visual arts and literature since blogging can be effectively used for the purpose of building or advancing a career.

A blog toward career development is not as simple as having just any blog. A person with a career in mind needs to find a niche within his or her field of interest, and then a specific focus in it. It is important to know a thing or two within that subject, also.

A way to generate content for such a blog is to keep an eye on the latest news of one’s area of interest and provide the commentary. The most important benefit of an online blog is its providing name recognition for the person who is trying to make himself or herself familiar to the people of the industry he or she is involved in.

Using a blog to get jobs, make connections, and showcase personal skills is a strategy that is becoming more and more popular each day, as this works toward a way of building one’s resume online. This type of a blog could be useful for the actual resume as well, when it is mentioned and given a link inside the resume to show the potential employer a more detailed idea of the skills of the budding employee that, otherwise, would not be possible to include in the actual resume.

Having said all these things, when it comes to me, I don’t want to crowd my years—whatever is left of them—with the throes of going after a career, be it reinvention or development, or any part of the business of it. I am writing, in general, for the love of writing, as I can’t imagine a life without writing. I don’t even know where this blog is going as to content and potential, but it is helping me write everyday through the ease of answering prompts and the small amount of time each entry takes.


© Copyright 2015 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838289-Reasons-for-Blogging