*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838096-Echos-of-Alaska
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#838096 added January 7, 2015 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Echos of Alaska
There was a strange wailing sound coming from the next room.  It was only an echo.  I didn't realize I was crying.



The world moves on and some people follow.  I hate to think of myself as a follower.  I wouldn't think of following someone, or something until I knew where it was going.  But the world doesn't move anyway.  It stays put.  Right there in its orbit.  The radiance of reality emanates into a penumbra surrounding the world and continues on.  But there are an infinite number of ways to visualize reality, or what ever you care to call it.

An example:  My son is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met.  He could literally do or be anything he wanted to be.  He graduated college and was planning to go to medical school.  I suggested he not, but told him all I wanted was for him to be happy.  I suggested he become an astrophysicist.  We both wanted to go to space - he probably could have.  All of that is what most people would think of as following the world.  Following society - following progress.  He preferred to follow happiness, a dream, his heart.  Today he is living on a 20 acre homestead in the Alaskan wilderness; literally carved out of the wilderness with no more technological help than there would be if the world had not moved in centuries.  He has a wonderful mate and two beautiful, happy healthy children.

© Copyright 2015 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838096-Echos-of-Alaska