*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837457-Dont-Dwell-on-Dreams-and-Forget-to-Live--Biggest-Challenge
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#837457 added December 31, 2014 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
Don't Dwell on Dreams and Forget to Live & Biggest Challenge
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 302


Prompt: "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." JK Rowlings Do you agree with this?

I will agree it is a fine balance. Both are needed. We need our dreams to give us something to work towards, but we also need to live each day and experience each day fully. To dream only, without working towards those dreams, is not a life lived. To have no dreams, is to only exist without a spark to light your path.

Each feeds the other. Our dreams fuel our living and our living transforms and captures our dreams. One needs the other. They cannot be fulfilling without the other aspect.

Interesting that you pick a quote from J.K. Rowlings as The Deathly Hallows is playing in two parts over two evenings - last night and the conclusion tonight.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty – Four


Looking back and looking forward.... today is back....

6. What was the biggest challenge you had to overcome in 2014?

As I was not able to get a contract teaching or long term teaching position this fall, I am supplying daily. The challenge to overcome is accepting the challenge of not knowing where or when I will be working. Another challenge is splitting my time and attention between two loves - writing and teaching. There needs to be a balance between the two so that I can gain the experience and attain a teaching position without sacrificing my love of writing. I also need to get out beyond the writing and not hide or linger in it. Sure I want to publish, but I do not see writing as my main income enterprise. Because of that I need to write and enjoy it without sacrificing days to supply and teach. Sometimes, in fear, I turn down a supply job and stay home to write - I admit, I do not do it often, but I have done it - particularly when the assignment is French or grade 7 or 8.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837457-Dont-Dwell-on-Dreams-and-Forget-to-Live--Biggest-Challenge