*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837002-Appreciating-Human-Beings
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#837002 added December 24, 2014 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
Appreciating Human Beings
Prompt: "It's like some people just come through our lives to bring us something, a gift, a blessing, a lesson we need to learn and that's why we're here." Danielle Steel
How do you feel about this?


=================

It is a supreme art to love the unlovable together with the lovable beings that show up in our lives. Let's face it; we love those who are nice to us and ignore and even dislike those who are not so nice. This is our human condition, and there is no reason to try to cover it up.

On the other hand, I think human relationships are an act of creativity and craftsmanship. Haven't some people who are or have been in our lives and have hurt us in some way taught us how to get out of a specific situation or learn to choose between how to answer them or ignore their antics? With each negativity and positivity, we learn how to deal with all human beings, and in doing so, we learn how to deal with life.

I can't really tell, and I believe neither anyone else can, for sure, if those people were sent into our lives by fate, by choice, or by God, or if it is why we are here. What I can deduce for certain is that we do learn from the negative people as much as we do from the positive ones.

It is a stunning development of history that the words human and humility share a common root in the Latin humus meaning earth or soil. To me, this means we all are of the same soil with some differences as there are differences in soil types, and the humility must refer to our acceptance of everyone without holding ourselves above or below them.

Anyhow, if we really look very closely to each person, we find in those, whom we classify as bad or alien or strange, aspects that are familiar and probably not so bad. Conversely, when we look closely at the people dearest to us who we think we know so well, we may find characteristics unfamiliar and even ugly. This is because human beings are extraordinary, can be polarized inside themselves, and are apt to change. They are sometimes as changeable as Superman who goes into the phone booth to become Clark Kent.

Even when we look sincerely into our own selves, don't we sometimes find an eccentric, problematic, confused, or unknowable human being? A person whom one loves or dislikes is a world, just as one knows oneself to be a world. The acceptance of this idea alone should make us thankful for the existence of every single person in our lives, no matter which trials or joys we experience with them or because of them.



© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837002-Appreciating-Human-Beings