*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836641-Planning-vs-Spontaneity
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#836641 added December 19, 2014 at 10:00am
Restrictions: None
Planning vs. Spontaneity
Prompt: "Being spontaneous is being able to respond with confidence; calmly trusting that, whatever the outcome, you will have a positive if challenging experience that will lead to greater self-awareness and success.” ~Sylvia Clare
“I may be going nowhere, but what a ride.” ~Shaun Hick
“Plans are invitation to disappointment.” Derek Landy
Do you believe spontaneity leads to a richer fuller life? Or do you believe that planning every intricate detail is the only way to have a fuller successful life? I've given you three different quotes about spontaneity, which one describes your life?


==========

I don't like too much planning, but I won't readily jump off cliffs or suddenly go bungee jumping in the middle of a hurricane either. An idea of what I am going to do is usually enough planning for me. Anyhow, no matter how many plans I make, life happens like a sudden weather change and I have to wing it totally or partially.

I am not sure if spontaneity leads to a richer, fuller life, but it does make things a bit more exciting. I guess it depends on the degree of spontaneity or planning. I have never been a fan of intricate planning or crazy spontaneity.

Between intricate planning or crazy spontaneity, however, I'll take the spontaneity, the gentler kind of it, because at least, I don't waste my time with the planning or the frustration afterwards when things go haywire by life's intervention. Come to think of it most things that are fun happen spontaneously, like an outburst of humor or a show of appreciation and love.

As to the quotes, at times, all of them apply to me, but mostly the first one by Sylvia Clare. It all depends on the way we each define what spontaneity is.

The way I see it, spontaneity does not mean disorder or capricious behavior. It means exploration and adventure and allowing the unexpected to happen. In that way it is like art, as all art needs some information, but then we need to let our spontaneity to take over, use, or adjust that information for us to become true artists.

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836641-Planning-vs-Spontaneity