*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836592-Day-10---WDC-Soundtrackers-12-Days-of-Christmas--Book-Cake
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#836592 added December 18, 2014 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
Day 10 - WDC Soundtrackers 12 Days of Christmas & Book Cake
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 289


Prompt: Someone is baking a cake for you in the shape of six books. Name the books you would choose for the cake.

This is a funky prompt – I can see a whole lot of weird icing.... and who wants to eat books. Well, they are not really books. So with that in mind.... what books will I pick... only six? Man.

Shakespeare's Complete Works would make a big cake base... then my hard cover editions of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Emma. I could top that with the Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe and as the cherry on the top... How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. That would make a lovely, huge cake. Enjoy!

Border for my personal use.


** Image ID #2014892 Unavailable **

Day 10 – WDC Soundtrackers: 12 Days of Christmas


Let’s go with angelic and go with the youngest opera singer... Jackie Evancho. Sweet and well grounded with an amazing voice. The talent that rises to the top of those reality shows like X Factor can be really quite good.

I love singing this song... alone, oh course.... it is not pretty when I can’t manage the high notes... but sometimes I can.

Oh Holy Night – Jackie Evancho


Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty – Two


4. What is your oddest character trait?

I am an only child... as a child I spent a great deal of time alone. Children my own age made me nervous and tended to tease me for being so quiet and shy. I enjoy my alone time, but it is not always quiet when I am alone... my oddest trait is that I do talk to myself. Don’t worry I don’t answer myself so I am not crazy – not certifiable, anyway.

But I find that in talking to myself I am able to work things out... like story lines. My client, who is profoundly deaf and has autism and cerebral palsy likes to take nature hikes with me. I let him set the pace up ahead and I follow behind chatting away about story ideas. I have stopped to write things down, but I have also written on the move...being able to talk into my phone helps as well. I find it a great way to work out story lines... I just need to get them down on paper before I forget.

I find hearing things out loud helps to solidify my knowledge... I often study out loud and I go over lesson plans out loud before ‘performing’ in from of the class. It helps to calm my nerves of being in front of the class as well.

I am sure many people do it... they just don’t want to admit it.

1. If you had to do it all over again, what would you change about your wedding? If you're not married, choose another major life event and tell us what you would change.

I am married but I am going to choose another major life event. My graduation from university. For Bachelor of Arts, I had photos taken after the ceremony and there were many with my mother and my grandmother and my mother and her husband Ray, but none of me with my aunt and uncle. I wish I had gotten at least one photo with them as they had more of an impact on me going to university than anyone else. I did not need any pictures with Ray in them. My mother's husband could not understand why I was studying instead of not helping her in the kitchen when I was in grade 12. Although I liked Ray he had no influence in me going to university... he was good for my mother, though.

For my second graduation from Teacher's College. I invited only my mother and my husband. We did not stay long after the ceremony... I was not comfortable with my husband being comfortable. I was conscious of his discomfort and cut the visiting time to almost nil. I invited him because I thought it was the right thing to do... I could only have 2 people because it was an indoor ceremony, but ideally, I would have loved to take my aunt. If she had come we would have interacted with my classmates after the ceremony... people I enjoyed working with and have not seen since. The day would have been so much more wonderful.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836592-Day-10---WDC-Soundtrackers-12-Days-of-Christmas--Book-Cake