*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836394-I-Dont-Understand--Why-Should-I-Expect-Them-To-Understand
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2003271
Now a residence for BC and BCOF items. Random bloggisness wil apear in POTPOURRI.
#836394 added December 16, 2014 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
I Don't Understand. Why Should I Expect Them To Understand?
Why do I write?  To be understood.  Nobody understands me.  Maybe some come close, or think they do.  So far no one does.  Long ago it seemed like they did.  I'm beginning to think that's in my imagination.  I have a smiley good imagination.  Maybe that's why others don't understand me.  They have frowney poor imaginations.  When I talked to people they started arguing with me.  The didn't understand what I was telling them.  For a long time I thought they were just stupid.  Then I started wondering.  Maybe I'm stupid?  No, I understand what I'm saying and it makes perfect sense.  I couldn't force them to understand.  That made them angry.  Sometimes, even, in my imagination, I didn't think they were really angry.  I thought maybe they were just joking.  That created some problems.  As you might guess.  Then I came to the conclusion that I had expressive aphasia.  I knew exactly what I was thinking and I heard exactly what I was saying.  Other people didn't hear the things I was saying in the way I was saying them.  I had some repeat my words back to me.  They were my very same words.  ?  I certainly didn't have receptive aphasia.  Then I heard the suggestion that I was delusional.  It took a while to analyze that.  I came back to the idea that I just had a good imagination.  You should certainly believe your imagination shouldn't you? What is a delusion?  So I started writing words down.  Then reading them back to myself.  OK.  That should work.  If the readers have a good enough imagination they should understand. Or can they?  Then I started thinking again.  Maybe nobody ever really understands anybody else. Everything I see around me seems to indicate that maybe they don't.  I think everybody just wants to be happy.  But what I hear sometimes or read, it seems like they aren't saying things that would make them happy. For sure, not saying things that will make other people happy.  So I wonder. Do I just not understand what they are trying to say?  Or do they really want to be unhappy, and to make me unhappy.  When I meet strangers and their speech, or gestures, or actions are unpleasant, unhappy, it makes me depressed.  Are they trying to depress me?  Or do I just not understand them.  No, just look around. I'll stop my rambling.  Maybe things would be better if people tried harder to understand each other.  I know.  I'm delusional.

© Copyright 2014 Geoff (UN: rennur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Geoff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836394-I-Dont-Understand--Why-Should-I-Expect-Them-To-Understand