*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835631-Gray-Skies
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#835631 added December 7, 2014 at 2:11pm
Restrictions: None
Gray Skies
*Note0* This is another jumping-around free-flow. So that you are warned... *Wink*


It is Sunday and cloudy, although the sun is playing peek-a-boo. I am more used to sun or real tropical rain. In between stuff wears me off. Imagine living one’s life always in a kind of gray that turns the land and the trees darker and somber.

This brings up the question of what if. We writers know the question well. What if the mind of a person were to be left in the gray, always? What if enjoyment of anything was taboo? Could we live?

The exploring mind of a human, the mind that is free, is the most precious thing. Undirected, the mind finds its own way. But if the mind is broken into, put in chains, it is left in a dark, gray world. Isn’t this what is happening in the world today? Isn’t this the cause of many a strife that makes men take up arms defending or spreading one type of belief or another?

Our species is a creative one. Its tool is the mind. If that mind is messed with, what else do we have left?

I used to think that the belief systems of the Far East to be the kinder, gentler ones, but looking at them closely, I keep seeing the negative effects of another kind of dogma.

Such as, I have a bone to pick with Karma.

Most of the laws of Karma I have been okay with, although I don’t fully believe through any one path of belief. I’d rather take the best from all belief systems and adapt them to me.

I was fine with the Karma bit, until I ran into this one this morning, which didn’t ring true to me.

Inside the 12 th Law of Karma
“- You get back from something whatever YOU have put into it.”


Not true, I think. I have seen people to put so much in any one person or project and get so little or nothing from it. I am not inside those people, right, but similar stuff has happened to me, also.

On the contrary, without putting anything into something, there are instances of getting everything from it. *Wink Hollywood?*

Now the Karma people will tell me that this getting or not getting has happened because of our past lives. This is BS to me. We are in this life, now. Hello?

It must be the gray skies, again, to make me pick on bits of beliefs. Maybe the sun will come up in a little while. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835631-Gray-Skies