*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833969-Happy-Birthday-Mickey-Mouse
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#833969 added November 13, 2014 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Birthday, Mickey Mouse!
Prompt: This month is Mickey Mouse's Birthday. Let's write about him and his friends.

-----------

How can I write about Mickey Mouse without mentioning the Florida elections?

In the news:
“New Rule: A cursory review of the state's election laws shows no requirement that supervisors keep track of votes for unqualified write-in candidates. As votes for Mickey Mouse head the list, write-in candidates in Florida, like other candidates, have to file and qualify to run for elected office, even though their names aren't printed on ballots.”

*Laugh* Only in Florida! I think where I live has become the clown state of the good old USA.

I am very sure Mickey Mouse can file for candidacy as an anthropomorphic biped who is the official mascot of Disney Productions. It is quite possible for his entourage—Minnie Mouse, Daisy, Donald Duck, Pluto, and Goofy—to become the election committee, distributing Mickey Mouse ears to all their voters, and then, what if Mickey’s chosen the president? I’d say we’d have more fun.

We’d watch Mickey Mouse in the White House keeping house with Minnie Mouse while he puts together his cabinet with Pluto as his Vice-President, Goofy heading the Department of State, and Donald Duck as the Attorney General. We’d read in the media about the cleverness of his advisors who would be the rest of the Mickey Mouse Clan.

Why do I want Mickey Mouse in the White House? To start with, as a public character, he is not only popular but also may become more successful than who we had during the last few decades.

Yet, the most important reason for my indulgence arises from my being a Floridian during the last 22 years. After all, absurdity is a highly communicable, infectious disease.

Happy Birthday, Mickey!

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833969-Happy-Birthday-Mickey-Mouse