*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833394-Possibility-of-the-Impossible
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#833394 added November 6, 2014 at 12:59pm
Restrictions: None
Possibility of the Impossible
Some things are impossible. For example, I can’t turn into a 12-foot alligator to scare you guys off by the sheer force of will. And don’t think I haven’t tried.

Maybe I need to become a religious fanatic to pull this one off, by insisting, “With God, all things are possible.” Maybe, but I think God, too, usually stays within the laws of nature, which He Himself has designed.

Joking aside, some things are quite possible if they are within our reach, even if we don’t recognize how reachable they are. For example, we can all be award winners with our writing, should we apply ourselves as fully as the craft dictates.

Through the same expectations, we tell young children, “You can be anything you want to be.” Well, the wording is off, here, isn’t it? The word "anything" would include the 12-foot alligator, too. So, “You can be successful in any area that is possible for humankind,” would be a better way of putting it, without confusing the poor kids.

What is seemingly possible can be:
*Bulletb* Getting a new job in a bad economy
*Bulletb* Getting married and remarried until you die
*Bulletb* Holding on to your children, your house, your life, when the going gets tough.
*Bulletb* Feeling better health-wise
And so on and so forth.

Yet, some extraordinary people do visualize what seems impossible, and through their imagination and creativity, they begin to see it possible. Take Edison or Tesla or Marconi, for example.

From that point of view maybe in time, me turning into a 12-foot alligator will be possible if some bio-geneticist comes up with a solution by messing around with my genes.

If that is done, Beware, People!

-------------------------------

Prompt: "Nothing is impossible when the word itself says I'm possible." Audrey Hepburn Do you agree with this statement?

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833394-Possibility-of-the-Impossible