*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830448-That-Four-Lettered-Word-Hope
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#830448 added October 8, 2014 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
That Four-Lettered Word: Hope
“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul ”

Emily Dickinson



Hope as a universal concept is in every soul on earth. It doesn’t only add to our lives, but also it helps us shoulder the seemingly impossible ventures. As a necessity for survival, it keeps us motivated. Hope is a state of mind that prepares us for any new thing with excitement and anticipation.

Yet, hope alone is not a solution for anything, and too much of it can be dangerous. As such, we have to distinguish hope from wishful thinking.

I can stay at home and hope for someone to feed, clothe, and entertain me. Although a Good Samaritan passing by may take pity on me and help, but is this what I really want? Don’t I want to pull my own weight and be the Good Samaritan when the opportunity arises?

What the world is offering us as circumstances in these days is blurred. In spite of that, we should not let a dark emotional state get the best of us. Because difficult times will pass, and who knows what will take their place? This is where hope is essential. If we look to the future with a grim sight, we might not be able to get over the bumps on our way.

As to combining hope with writing, writing is part of who I am. I write because I want to, not because I have to and not because I am hoping something will come out of it as to earthly gains. Even if I didn’t have WdC, the internet, or my computer, I would still be writing. It is only because I come into more ideas and give-and-take with similar souls that I am here. On the other hand, I do encourage the younger writers to go for it full blast and hope for the fame and fortune that may await them. They have the time for it.

In the same sense, I have the time to write and live happily, instead of running after stuff that will leave me little time to enjoy the rest of my life. Accordingly, where writing is concerned, I do not mix hope with pointless ambition and unwelcome activity.

---------------------------------------

Prompt: Hope Always. Write Anyway. What do you think?


© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830448-That-Four-Lettered-Word-Hope