*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829384-No-More-Plans
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#829384 added September 29, 2014 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
No More Plans
Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I was full of ideas and inspiration when we moved into our present house, twenty-one years ago. At the time, we had taken an early retirement and the other me (my hubby) had embarked upon a part-time job situation that made us travel to different locations to stay in each place for about one to two months.

Although we were absent from the house most of the time, all that planning I had was meant to provide direction and meaning to my housekeeping, for my planning had come after I had examined my values, current status, environment, and other related factors.

Our beginning in the new house was fine, as anything new deserved respect, and we practically lived elsewhere, anyhow. Thus all the years we traveled were manageable, but I hadn't thought of the time when hubby would be a full-time retiree.

Now, no Marshall Plan will work for my cluttered bathroom counter-tops, clothes strewn all over chairs, and oddly placed cushions and pillows on the sofas and armchairs. Worse yet, along the lines of "if you can't beat'em, join'em" idea has affected me, and I don't care anymore if I leave a lone sweater on the back of a chair or if the books and papers on my desk are askew.

Without going into further detail, I have to advise people who are dreaming of keeping a perfect house; don't make huge plans if you have a full-time retiree at hand, and forget about the business's motto of "Planning is the primary management function because it organizes all downstream management functions..." Remember that, in my house, downstream has gone upstream.

----------------------

Prompt:"I had such great plans..."

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829384-No-More-Plans