*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828954-Choice-is-Destiny
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#828954 added September 24, 2014 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Choice is Destiny
It seems to me, the more modern we become the more superstitious and gullible we think. If I were to believe in destiny, I would be negating all human achievement as being human, and my attachment to the idea of destiny would eradicate my free will or freedom of choice.

No matter what minds with spider webs believe, I do think who we are determines what happens to us. True, the chance happening of wars and other events, nasty or nice people around us, or our upbringing and the like have something to do with what happens to us. Still, those things are the results of the mistakes of people, nations, and our unpreparedness against natural disasters. In addition, there is no proof these things were decided before we were born, and for that reason, a preordained fate feels totally ridiculous to me.

Supposing destiny were possible, why would God (creation or nature, if you so believe) put us where we are? I think He wanted to show us that, be it through intention or ignorance, how we choose to act belongs to us. So let us not confuse poor decision-making with destiny, as destiny as the commander is a poor excuse for not owning up to our mistakes.

------------------------------

Prompt: Do you believe in destiny?

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828954-Choice-is-Destiny