*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827931-Hobbies-Conservatively
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#827931 added September 12, 2014 at 1:23pm
Restrictions: None
Hobbies, Conservatively...
Some of life’s small successes come in sly increments, only asking for minimal effort and just showing up, which means our hobbies. The way I see this, they are other than our vocations, compulsory tasks, or lifelong addictions.

At the moment, I don’t have very many hobbies. It doesn’t mean I didn’t have them in the past, though.

In the past, I used to raise organic veggies and flowers and loved playing with the dirt. I also bowled and played tennis. I used to run some, but now, I can do none of those things. Darn old age!

Again in the past, I used to paint. I have a thing for art. This started as a hobby; then it became way too serious. I ended up being part of a group to rent a studio and attending shows. When the group wanted to take the show on the road, I left them and didn’t paint ever since. It was great and I still miss it, but it took too much from my family life, and family life is the most important thing to me.

Also, in the past, I used to sew a lot, not just clothes but soft toys for kids and curtains and pillow covers for the house. Nowadays, I only mend things and only if it is absolutely necessary.

As for now, if trying to catch the full moon in my camera and some interesting sunsets so I can post them on FB is a hobby, then there’s one. I like to take photos of interesting things, family members, even a nicely put together restaurant dish, too.

Another one could be standing under the rain or watching the rain fall in the pool or on the grass and trees outside. I also like the beach and watching the ocean in its many forms. I feel like I’m praying when I watch nature like that.

I don’t know if my interest in music, reading and writing can be called hobbies, as they have been more than that. Reading, ever since I was three and a half, and writing, ever since I was eight, have been integral parts of my life. With these goes people watching, but all these are more than hobbies.

A list of hobbies I would probably enjoy

1. Drama—I might try acting
2. Digital Arts
3. Crochet and knitting
4. Origami
5. Quilting
6. Scrapbooking
7. FB Games—I once was doing them but I left them cold turkey because they took too much time.
8. Watching movies
9. Yoga
10. Astronomy
11. Gardening to a small degree
12. Photography
13. Collecting vintage books and first editions
14. Seashell and seaglass collecting

----------------------------

Prompt: Tell me about your favorite hobbies? Why do you do them? Could you teach someone else how to do them?

Don't forget your list!

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/827931-Hobbies-Conservatively