*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826597-Scandals-and-Cover-ups
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#826597 added August 29, 2014 at 4:31pm
Restrictions: None
Scandals and Cover-ups
You know, I have never covered up a scandal; neither did anyone ask me. Hmmm….I wonder why…

The word cover-up brings to mind the Watergate’s woeful wrack-up. It wasn’t only a cover-up, but cover-up of the cover-up, which led to a presidential resignation and still is getting some kind of a cover-up by the passage of time. As the saying goes: Time heals all heels.

As to cover-ups, Victoria’s Secret sells loads up wraparound cover-ups to unsuspecting women. Opposite or maybe relevant to Victoria’s Secret’s commercial wheelings and dealings, some cultures cover up women with a burka. Another thing to ponder over…Do they think women are scandals?

As to scandals and cover ups, I read in the news that some police forces and other governing bodies in the world are good at it as well as the Wall Street’s swashbuckling charlatans in cahoot with some shysters in Washington.

It has to be that what we hear about implied or true scandals through the grapevine must belong to specially educated rascals and sharks, which leads me to suspect the directions that some higher education institutions are taking.

I think there must be a course for this type of a cover-up in Ivy League colleges and such. If for nothing else, an excellent reason for such a course comes about when a cover gets blown off, and students or practitioners of scandals and cover-ups need to know how to spot those whistle blowers beforehand and defend themselves against them.

All this chewing the fat about scandals and cover-ups makes me think of the meaning of the word scandal. Aside from being a TV Series title, scandal means an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.

Accordingly, scandal becomes a scandal when it is publicly known. This should indicate that the need for covering it up is null and void and useless.

So, that clears me, doesn’t it? Why would anyone ask me to cover up something that is already known? But if they had asked me to cover up a scandalous secret, that would be a different case, which no one would anyway…Since they’d figure out I’d write about it here in my blog. *Laugh*

-------------------

Prompt: An admired mentor asks for help covering up a scandal. Did she say scandal? What is it?


© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/826597-Scandals-and-Cover-ups