*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825604-Those-eyes-staring-back-at-you---a-bandits-accusation
by Sparky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1944136
Some of the strangest things forgotten by that Australian Blog Bloke. 2014
#825604 added August 18, 2014 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
Those eyes staring back at you - a bandit's accusation?


(North korea Pictures & Images (330,925 results - See more at: http://photobucket.com/images) *Bigsmile*

Those eyes staring back at you - a bandit's accusation?

Can you hear the shouting? There's a crowd called humanity, vocally drowning one another with denial, shouting down the clamoring of certainty, the growing tide of reality. We know we've done it. We know our guiltiness. Yes. Guiltyness.

Ok. I do exagerate. The crowd is called WRITERS. Observers of all things human interest and "trending", as the trending saying goes.

Who do we rob when we rob someone? Who cops the punishment when we take what isn't ours? What happens to that part of ourselves that we lose, when we rob?

Are we all guilty of thieving? What on earth am I talking about here? There are two meanings to the word STEAL.

(http://www.google.com.au/#q=stealing+&safe=active)

Steal verb

gerund or present participle: stealing

1. take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

"thieves stole her bicycle"

synonyms: purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate, abstract, carry off, shoplift;

embezzle, misappropriate;

have one's fingers/hand in the till;

"the raiders stole a fax machine"

• theft, thieving, thievery, robbery, larceny, burglary, shoplifting, pilfering, pilferage, looting, appropriation, misappropriation;

embezzlement;

synonyms: plagiarize, copy, pass off as one's own, infringe the copyright of, pirate, poach, borrow, appropriate; More

informalrip off, lift, pinch, nick, crib

"he alleged that his work was stolen by his tutor"

• take the opportunity to give or share (a kiss) when it is not expected or when people are not watching.

"he stole kisses in shop doorways"

Baseball run to (a base) while the pitcher is in the act of delivery.

"he claims he can steal a hundred bases this season"

2. move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.

"he stole down to the kitchen"

synonyms:creep, sneak, slink, slip, slither, slide, glide, sidle, slope, edge, move furtively, tiptoe, pussyfoot, pad, prowl

Ok. So moving on from that laborious and complicated definition set.

I tried to find out. I really did. What happens when we have the audacity to LOOK at people. In PUBLIC. Oh the shame. Such STALKING. It does my head in. To sit around, in full view of everyone, and actually do that. Actually (yep, still hate that word), ACTUALLY watch people, learn their strange habits, peer at their appearance, peer at all their peers, all our peers, peer at the piers underpinning peers at Pier One in Melbourne.



Whereever it is, it's bordering on disgraceful, outrageous and seriously, there should be a law against it.

I'm sure there IS in North Korea, of that there could be no doubt, particularly after I saw THAT PHOTO OP that went so badly for the young man (cough cough murderer)

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/world/north-korean-leader-kim-jong-un-photo-o...

Yes, I googled "Who owns public viewing?" but there was nothing forthcoming there, nothing clear anyway.
So, I tried something similar but not the same. I googled "Public filming" and dug up something, (smutty of course, this being the internet) and a few seriously weird forum discussions.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1670807

Do people really phone the police just because someone is filming the public? I mean, come on. Yes, I can see a serious side to this, the obvious seedy intent of some. But generally, if it's just some guy getting footage of folks for his uni thesis, or someone else, for example US WRITERS and NOVELISTS, not FILMING, but just observing people.

Another link, old, from 2010 addresses filming, and folks bunging security cameras around their houses, festooning their building with nasty, red light blinking, suspicion rendering, prison-like observatories of stalkerishness and angry neighbor record keeping.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/aug/31/householders...

It's all neighborhood watch, didn't you know? Watch a few old clips of The Bill and see all the pure facts for yourself. See how appealing it is having your lovely building full of flatmates scrutinising every aspect of your life.

Of course it's not gossip mongering. Good Grief!

So far, I'm none the wiser as far as this innocent "information gathering" that we writers attempt at every naughty opportunity.
Makes you feel a bit like one of those tacky persons of interest (to the police) who stick a mirror on their shoe, in search of views that are otherwise forbidden.

Surely us writers don't descend to that sort of tactics? I can't see any shade of us being categorised with such filth, all jokes suddenly aside.

There is the bulwark and castelated, the fortress like safety of the NAME CHANGE, and our manipulation of said information, as to disguise it's source, location, name and gender, just like a dodgy chat session online, on one of those meet and greet sites.
We can also disclaimerise it all. And nobody, so far as I can see, has as yet made it illegal.

But we are no doubt guilty of it. Guilty as the glance of the gavel as it crashes out the judges' definite decision, the final sale of said item of public property.

People's private personal lives are now sold. We are the bidders. And the price...

The price is right!

$00.00 in any currency (except NK sorry. By order Kim Jong II)

Anyway, NK does allow public filming now. But seems like there's a problem with time, in that place. No one has any spare. It's a big rush, even when you're riding a bike, or even working the pedestrian crossing job.
Seems like some things are the same whereever you are on the globe.



Sparky

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


© Copyright 2014 Sparky (UN: sparkyvacdr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sparky has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825604-Those-eyes-staring-back-at-you---a-bandits-accusation