*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
2
9
16
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825119-Celebrating-a-life-Robin-Williams
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#825119 added August 12, 2014 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
Celebrating a life: Robin Williams
Robin Williams first made me laugh in Mork and Mindy, and he caught my attention in The World According to Garp and Good Morning, Vietnam, but he first impressed me in Dead Poets Society. Then, I knew we, the audience, were going to be entertained and spoiled by a very high class actor, and I was right. His genius showed in his quips on the talk shows to his later work, in: Awakenings, The Fisher King, Good Will Hunting, Popeye, Hook, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, The Birdcage, Night at the Museum,and Happy Feet.

On top of all this. were his stand-up work, Broadway roles, and mostly the fact that his fantastic mind could go from serious to hilarious in light speed. Absolutely amazing, but then, he was an amazing human being.

An artist of his caliber will be hard to come by. I feel very lucky to have lived at this time to have viewed his work both on television and in the movies.

Rest in peace, Robin Williams!


------------

Today the actor/comedian Robin Williams passed away. What are your feelings about his work? How deeply are you affected by a celebrity death? Is there a particular celebrity whose passing would/has cause(d) significant grief?

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825119-Celebrating-a-life-Robin-Williams