*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815555-Dont-Open-up-That-Cookie
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#815555 added May 2, 2014 at 12:54am
Restrictions: None
Don't Open up That Cookie!
Who'd foresee sugar, flour, vanilla, and sesame seed oil mixed and crisped all together would so rock the world of dream chasers? As if we didn't have enough wisdom, aphorisms, and vague prophecy from all the Wise Alecs who have graced this planet since the dawn of history. I mean everywhere I look, there is a quote, a motto, a maxim, a teller of fortune, with all of them advising me how to behave and what to expect from life or from myself. I'll tell you a truth about me. I expect nothing of myself. Why bother? There is no hope in expecting. But people believe in the wisdom of the cookies. Imagine, tying your beliefs to a cookie...

Despite this dubious wisdom in it, the Chinese cookie is tough to crumble, but it has many admirers. I, on the other hand, can never let my teeth sink into one of them. I just can't. They are brittle and hard; well, almost always, except for that one time when we were given some edible ones in a Chinese restaurant. I've heard a few jokes about what's in those so-called edibles, but what I hear is usually risqué. Oh, what the heck, this is the American way. Chinese cookies, together with the iffy jokes in them, were adopted by us Americans, although they originated in the Orient.

Not that I am too crazy about Chinese cookies or any fortune telling tools and processes, but I decided, given the originality of the prompt, to come up with a few of my own concoctions. I wonder if my Chinese cookie factory can ever prosper...Hmmmm!

*Bulletg* You'll step into great good luck. Watch your step!

*Bulletr* What is the end is not always a beginning. It's just the end.

*Bulletg* Do not fear what you don't see. Fear everything else.

*Bulletr* A book with your name on it is in your future. (I have to make nice here)

*Bulletg* Writing in your blog is soft pillow to sleep on. No nightmares for you.

*Bulletr* A bashful admirer is watching you from afar and laughing at you.

*Bulletg* Don't believe everything with a dollar sign on it. It may be photoshopped.

*Bulletr* Don't throw away that piece of coal. Wait that it turns to a diamond. You'll learn what forever is.

*Bulletg* You'll meet a friend who will recognize the song in your heart but will sing it offkey

*Bulletr* About time to catch up on your reviews and what your kids are up to.

*Bulletg* A twisted brain produces the best sermon. It makes the congregation flee.

*Bulletr* Your new challenge is the day two of GoT. You'll be just as confused as day one. *Wink*


So there! Happy?

-----------------

Prompt: You're now in charge of writing the messages in fortune cookies. Tell us our fortunes.

© Copyright 2014 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815555-Dont-Open-up-That-Cookie