*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815169-Sweetie
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#815169 added April 28, 2014 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
Sweetie
I married this really wonderful woman that I call Sweetie and Babe. When we first dated I was on the shy side and would not think of using such language and then I opened up my eyes and ears. She always called her cats Sweetie which conveyed to me that is was a term of affection worth investing in. Once I did that she started calling me Babe I think in part because I was so much younger than her. She suggested that I call her Babe and the pet names have stuck.

It never ceases to amaze me how her relationship with her pets spills over into her relationship with people. She loves to stroke the fur of her animals and attends to their needs. She loves when they come up in her lap and crave her loving touch. As it turns out Sweetie is very affectionate to me which I enjoy immensely, being a lot more cautious about that sort of thing. I do wonder about her using the word paws to describe our hands. For example she will talk about washing her paws and me doing the same. Maybe in our own crazy way we are cats. More than once we can hear each other say MEOW!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815169-Sweetie