*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810535-Tuesday-The-List
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#810535 added March 18, 2014 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday: The List
Enrollments:
- posted a handful of new classes on the web today
- responded to a math tutoring business who wants to hold a joint music & math exploration event for kids
- approved artwork for a print ad to run over the next three months

Minecraft
- none yesterday! ...today is another day, however

Weight
- finally stepped on the scale, after months and months of neglect: 182.3
- set a goal to drop below 180 by the end of the week *Thumbsup*

Poor Witch
- one WDC review in progress
- arranged for a fourth-grade teacher friend to read it to her class and provide me with feedback
- still interested in trading novel reviews!

Gigs
- added several songs to my setlist, but no "Let It Go" yet, because I don't think it will translate well to acoustic guitar
- landed a few more gigs than normal by sheer luck (well, and prior networking and impressing of manager-types)
- completed an online profile for outdoor Columbus gigs (required this year by my regular farmer's market gig)

I'm removing this from the list because it sort of runs itself; people contact me to perform, and I accept and go play. I don't solicit gigs because I couldn't handle performing more often than I already do.

Reading
- still reading Eragon, and in fact, my library check-out period expired (?! Is it possible that 21 days already passed?!) I checked it out again, and Kindle remembered where I was in the book. *Thumbsup* I read for two hours last night.
- waiting for Storm Machine to link me to the project she wants me to review

Violin
- none for the last three days because of extensive guitar gigs on Friday and Saturday. My fingers needed some healing time. Today would be the day to pick it up again, so I should do that before getting sucked into the Minecraft vortex.

Teaching
- new teacher Molly is fantastic and officially taking over my Tuesday lineup, except for one at-risk drum student
- new teacher Lane worries me. I gave him several choices for orientation, and he picked today (Tuesday) at 11am. Then last night, he emailed to ask if he could have additional choices because a rehearsal came up that he couldn't get out of (although, the way it was worded, the rehearsal was already scheduled, and he assumed he could get out of it, and supposedly at the last minute "found out" that he couldn't get out of it after all because of an upcoming performance.) Not the best way to start out on your first day. I emailed him immediately back with new options, including 9am today (40 minutes from now), and he has yet to reply, so he must not have checked his email again last night after sending the request to reschedule. It doesn't feel like a high priority.

Evaluations
- Finished reviewing all the evaluations written by three managers and sent feedback. Now I just have to write my own, which will be six evaluations: two teachers, a computer lab attendant, a reception lead, a finance manager, and the Gahanna site manager.

Accountability
- I truly believe that the "Monthly Writing Accountability Challenge [13+] has inspired me to start monitoring these goals in my blog again, establishing and tracking my priorities. I've been very productive in the last day or two. But that may just be the ADD meds talking, which I stopped taking for about a month because I was taking sinus meds. Whatever the reason, I'll take it and hope it continues.

Youth Praise Band
- The kids are learning really quickly. They range from 2nd grade - 10th grade, and after just four rehearsals, we have one song completely down and two additional songs started, and they sound fantastic. We have nine total rehearsals, so I anticipate we'll be able to squeeze out one or maybe two more songs.

...and that's all she wrote for Tuesday.

© Copyright 2014 Brandiwyn🎶 (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brandiwyn🎶 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/810535-Tuesday-The-List