*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807337-Chasing-My-Whitetail
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#807337 added February 18, 2014 at 6:12am
Restrictions: None
Chasing My Whitetail
Had to give the following more thought and I think what I create here is more than extended metaphor, but an allegory. Now, I proceed to babble from the other night:

I'm sure no one will get that "Invalid Item is a metaphor for a chance encounter with a woman that might dare to tempt the man by communing with him, as he tries to figure out if he is supposed to approach. He is overcome with the feeling that she might be awaiting his advance after her bold gesture to sidle up and is trying to recall and revel in that moment before she is scared off by someone who sends her away. He is left to wonder what was that all about, if he could just communicate to her.

There are times, one can't imagine why another would be interested in a courtship. We are so caught up in questioning the advances that these moments are lost. Years ago, I probably answered my own questions about these unrequited affairs with suppositions and more pondering about seeking love..."Fear Of Unrequited Love (Lonely Hunter) [ASR].

You go through life realizing you are attractive enough to draw one from the 'tender herd', but how to close the deal? Usually, it is because one feels they are unworthy of love to take a chance, embarrassed to realize whether the signs have been misread.

Communication is a hard thing and we often feel the one we marvel at from across the room could not possibly lower themselves to speak the same language, one of love. We try to absorb as much as we can in those moments and fantasize the sojourn.

He speaks in code, like these metaphorical, dreaming poems he pens, wondering if she'll ever read between the lines. Because he cannot just come out and say it, it is better to imagine he could have loved rather than to have lost at all.

I made that up.


© Copyright 2014 Brian K Compton Tabulating (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton Tabulating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807337-Chasing-My-Whitetail