*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807235-Wondering-Land
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#807235 added February 16, 2014 at 1:15am
Restrictions: None
Wondering Land
I talked to my daughter a while ago. When I asked how things were going, she talked about guessing that she was having fun. After reflecting on that comment I decided there must be a place called wondering land. It is not enough to be there it is wondering how long it will take.

As a youngster, I was one of those kids who would always want to know whether we were there yet. It seemed like it took forever to get to a place billed as fun city. It might be said that I was in a wondering place while my parents were convinced we were off to see the wizard of oz. As time goes on I feel caught in this tension. Do I really want to arrive after all? What will happen when I get there? In all the travelling that took place growing up more often than not I was a bit disappointed. The hype did not stop the petty squabbling, car troubles, car sickness, having to go to the bathroom with no where in sight, hungry, thirsty tired and hot/cold. It was kind of tough fitting eight kids in a station wagon. Somehow we managed.

I am grown up and struggle still. I wait to hear about potential job possibilities, new births, news of my mom and brother healing, just getting through a day can be a challenge. The best I can do is love and be loved. I recall the Israelites in the wilderness always wondering it they would get to the promised land. They forgot to trust. I hope that I can be faithful and learn from my own mistakes. Tomorrow will come soon enought. Wondering land is every day.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/807235-Wondering-Land