*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806557-Wheres-The-Beef-Big-UnSexy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#806557 added February 10, 2014 at 3:10pm
Restrictions: None
Where's The Beef Big UnSexy
You can thank my wife for my new handle. Hit a new low today.

I told her that I would consider pursuing a career as a commercial actor because of my background in broadcasting and that I have always been told I 'look' trustworthy. Her response was that you need to be 'sexy' to be a pitchman. Don't know that the label necessarily applies to the position or if it was even called for. Is there another double standard in the standards department where woman can get away with telling us stuff that we could never get away with saying to them?

*Looks in mirror* What happened to me?

I added, "I suppose you're going to say I don't sing well either." Her only response, "I wouldn't say that," seemed affirmation enough, so I let it alone. But in the back of my mind I was thinking, "You have to be sexy to be a singer." So, check that future vocation option off the list.

Can I get a cosmetic surgeon in the house!

Can't go through life breaking mirrors because they won't lie to me anymore. Thanks wifey! She's always there for me when I'm down, you know.

Is sexy. Is sexy. Is sexy. Nope, still not working. *Shouts 'Where's the beef!* I can too make it as a commercial actor, I just choose not to anymore. Stay tuned for a future YouTube audition video displaying my 'commercial' skills. yeah, right


oooh, thought of a new handle while coming up with title for this blog post...

© Copyright 2014 Brian K Compton Tabulating (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Compton Tabulating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/806557-Wheres-The-Beef-Big-UnSexy