*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804718-Broken-teeth
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#804718 added January 27, 2014 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Broken teeth
Me:

I went to a presentation today, an homage to Dorotea Mora who was a pioneer in this valley I visit. The audience included family and people who knew her, including Marta Barboza Valverde who wrote a collection of stories, a book I treasure.

Dorotea commanded the kitchen, was known as a healer, carried the mail and other items on horseback with a pack horse. She was a no-nonsense force to be reckoned with.

About 100 attended. They had pictures, a poem, talks, a slide show, artifacts from her life. They decorated with coffee bushes, baskets of oranges and coconuts (there are stories about illegal coconuts...). They even had a pack horse there!

Very nicely done.

In the afternoon I took the bus up to Sam's house where my stuff has been stored. Jessie, bless her, was there and I put most in luggage to take to Montana. No time to sort. Little time to choose. Sam got back in time to take me down the mountain. It took me 40 minutes to walk up.

In the evening, I needed a coffee and a pastry. Broke my tooth. it was getting ready to break... what can I say? I need plugs and implants or dentures. Once I had beautiful teeth... but I can't go back in time. That was then.

Tomorrow? Off on an adventure south with a group of writers. Back on Tuesday. Off to San Jose on Wednesday. So much to do...
47.747

© Copyright 2014 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804718-Broken-teeth