*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803124-Jan-13-2014-Time-waits-for-no-one
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#803124 added January 13, 2014 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
Jan 13, 2014 Time waits for no one
Here we are the beginning of another week.  You wouldn't think the man was dying unless you ask him. 
Saturday, I had a hair appointment then went over to Dad and Mom's to pick up my sister, Sue. We had plans to drive to the parent's house at the coast and bring back more things they needed. They had 3 lists. 
My Mom, for some reason thinks we are going to get rid of her stuff and not tell her. Even if we did she wouldn't remember as she has so much stuff there. (I think the next trip we'll bring the 2nd set of dishes she uses as a back up)  Sue asked Mom where the lists and information was she left on the table to take today. Mom says, "I'm going there." 
"Today?" I ask.
"No."
"Then we need to get everything and get going." Sue takes the paper she need with the info to return the cable store and off we go. Two or so hours later we make the turn to the road that takes us to the folks house, I ask, "Sue you do have the keys."  There was a shocked look and she said 'NO." Mom took them and I didn't get them back!!!"
We asked the neighbor if she had a spare set my mother might have given her. No, she didn't. So we called Sister #2 and Kathy, bless her heart, drove to the coast and brought the keys.  Sue (Sister #4) and I went to Dory Cove for Chowder and crab Louie.  I was a little disappointed they used bottled Thousand Island dressing or at least it tasted the same. I am very partial to mom's Louie dressing.
Kathy arrived just as we got back to the house and they took off to return the cable stuff while I tried to make heads and tails out of the three lists that had duplicate items and things they already had.
Dad said he wanted his "cars" to look at. They are miniature cars and trucks he had on a shelf. I'm not sure why but we brought them.
After the car was packed, I'd taken the back two seat out for more room, we were ready to head back. We got home around 11pm or so.
They were all excited to see the stuff we brought and put it all in the garage. They can unpack it when they have time.

Sunday morning the entire service was entirely on heaven. Wanting to go there, getting ready to get there and the last special was Find us faithful. Its about the Christian Legacy we leave behind when we are gone.
" Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful
May the fire of our devotion light their way
May the footprints that we leave
Lead them to believe
And the lives we live inspire them to obey
Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful"
This truly is the legacy my father has given to his children.

Tina Weaver

** Image ID #1634119 Unavailable **
         


             

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803124-Jan-13-2014-Time-waits-for-no-one