*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802951-No-one-knows
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#802951 added January 12, 2014 at 12:07am
Restrictions: None
No one knows...
Just watched the Star Trek classic "The Trouble With Tribbles"

Even when I know it's coming I still laugh when Kirk opens the storage container doors and all the tribbles fall over him. (What kind of mess would have occurred if all the grain in that storage unit hadn't been consumed by the tribbles as he suspected?)

I still think sending all the tribbles from the Enterprise over to the Klingon ship just before it warped away was an immoral act of animal cruelty (Spock of all people thought of this solution). Sure the joke was on the Klingons, given their innate revulsion of the meek little tribble; however, because of that inherent racial revulsion the tribbles were most certainly extinguished with a thoroughly cruel efficiency.

But then the captain of the Klingon vessel could honestly say, after the whole affair was finished: "No one knows the tribbles I've seen."

© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802951-No-one-knows