*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800774-Family
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#800774 added December 22, 2013 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
Family
December 22, 2013*BigSmile*

I am looking forward to more family time with my kids tomorrow. We have had a tradition of getting together before Christmas to exchange presents. This year I will share some of my stories. I can not think of a better gift.

Michael will bring his two kids. They are both very mobil and vocal. It seems only yesterday that I was a dad to three children. Wow, I now get to see my son be a father. What a wonderful day!. Sharon and I decided to give Joshua an alphabet writing tablet. Who knows maybe he will become a writer just like his grandpa. Caleb is about six months. It is fun to see him smile and get all excite at the toy that are within reach. Christmas is for children. It is the one day I can feel young again as I look at the holiday through a child's eyes.

Julie is still finishing up school at Ku. She is a chemistry major and plans on going to graduate school. Her birthday is the day after Christmas. It the main event for that year. Every body in the family came to our house for Christmas. No gift was more precious than my daughter. She his forever radiating her giftedness in the learning arena. She likes to write, speaks Russian, plays several musical instruments and keeps her brothers in line.

Tim is the middle child. He recently found out that he will be giving birth to a girl. I can not understand this need to know the sex of the baby before it is born. We will be at his house. Tim loves sports. We play tennis together when we get the chance. He also likes to play me in chess. I have yet to beat him this year.

It is hurtful to think about how divorce created a schism. At the same time there is no greater joy than finally getting together and exchanging gifts. The most important gift from God is Jesus. My children are a reminder of how a child can make so much difference. God bless and have a Merry Christmas. *StarStruck*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800774-Family