*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799590-DEC-6
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#799590 added December 6, 2013 at 5:48pm
Restrictions: None
DEC 6
Last night I arrived at the Book Club leader's house where D (my coworker's wife) awaited me. Both she and C told me they loved my story and couldn't put it down. Others arrived and headed for the refreshment table then joined us in the family room. I was introduced to each one and they each told me their opinion of the book and we hadn't started the meeting yet.  We briefly discussed the book and what questions they had that needed answers. There weren't all that many and they gave excellent suggestions. One I'm bothered by. They said I had too many Characters. I'll go into that later. As they ate, and drank, some wine, something I'm not sure of and a Chocolate wine, I did take a taste. I was curious. I don't like the taste of wine but this tasted like a chocolate Bailey's.  They said there were good brands and bad brands and this was the best brand! Ok. I don't drink alcohol so that was wasted information. I do cook with wine from time to time (Rissotto).
During our chat session, the 7 ladies wanted to know more about other things I've written. I gave them some sample plots and most were very interested in my first ever written novel about a family that was murdered here in Oregon.
I came across this story when a reporter wrote a full page article in the Oregonian about the memory that came to her mind when a young family crashed their car on the 205 bridge and went over into the Columbia River. She wrote about another family who disappeared into the Columbia River and the murder was never solved. Actually they are pretty sure is was murder but there is no proof other than the car, Father, Mother and oldest daughter are still missing. The bodies of the two youngest girls were found 6 months later down river.
When I told them the story of my research they were very interested in reading it. I might go back and look at it again, but I'm not sure I like it. We'll see. One of the ladies said she was related to the family that went over the bridge into the river. What a coincidence.
They encouraged me to send them some of my other stories. I might print a few out for them to read over the holidays.


             

© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799590-DEC-6