*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799412-Midweek-Reflections-on-Writing-Christmas-Poems
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#799412 added December 4, 2013 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Writing Christmas Poems
It's December 4, 2013 and already I've written five Christmas poems, which are "The Christmas Truce of 1914, "Santa Stalker, "A Commercialized Christmas, "Christmas 2013, and "Crusty the Zombie. Two of those poems are parodies of Christmas Songs. "Santa Stalker is a parody of Santa Baby while "Crusty the Zombie parodies Frosty the Snowman. The only one of those five poems that comes close to being a traditional Christmas poem is "The Christmas Truce of 1914. I would like to write about 25 or 30 Christmas poems this year and I doubt that any of them come close to being a traditional Christmas poem. I'm just not in the mood to write the tradition Christmas poem (it there is such a thing). This year one of my favorite Christmas sons is Grandma Got Run Over by a Reinder.


I'll admit that if you listen to it long enough it becomes a bit irritating because you can't get the song out of your head, but this effect usually doesn't last beyond December 31. Another song I like (in the original version) is I Ain't Gettin' Nutin' for Christmas.


Now that I come to think about it, the only time I enjoyed traditional Christmas music or poetry was when I listened to it with my Grandparents. This may explain why I enjoy writing parodies of Christmas songs and listening to nontraditional Christmas songs.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799412-Midweek-Reflections-on-Writing-Christmas-Poems