*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798579-Dear-Dad
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#798579 added November 23, 2013 at 7:30pm
Restrictions: None
Dear Dad
November 23, 2013

My overall impressions of life involve reengaging with my Dad. It seems long ago and yet there is some unfinished business that might spark some conversations. In a sense reengaging with Dad is reengaging with God, because often, not always our impression of Dad can reflect how we see God. *Reading*

Dear Dad
You left too soon. I wished I could have had more time to say goodbye. Yet as you all too clearly stated I had to take care of my business as a pastor in Kansas, while you were in your own way taking care of family back East. The trip back was very lonely Dad. I could not stop crying for at least half the journey home. I recalled the times that you were there for me when I needed someone to care. It was hard to honor your wishes for us to go back, especially knowing I would not see you again. *Confused*

Dad, I need your encouragement again. I am of the opinion that you hear me. I get to take care of a gentleman who has many of the same issue that you had at the end of your life. He has Alzheimers just like you did. His wife is deciding to take care of him at home. You chose to go to a nursing home amidst the protest of your children who had a hard time believing that you were really that sick. I will be thinking of you dad as I take care of this person. Pray for me. I feel the least bit scared I might let you down and maybe to a much greater extent the God who created me. I look forward to seeing you again.*Delight*


Love always,

Your son Gary

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798579-Dear-Dad